Followers

Tuesday 14 November 2017

Butterflies Galore

Hi Crafters

A recent competition had a craft section, and the theme was flight.
I thought I would have a go, and the idea I came up with was butterflies flying out from a lantern

First I had to design the lantern, the sides were straightforward and I used a large box technique and die cut the four panels. The roof was a little more complicated as each section had to be angled with the point in the middle. But I started with the sizes of the side panels and worked the roof panels from this.

Next to make the butterflies I used an old flower arranging book that I had cleared off the book shelf and cut 40-50 butterflies with my dies. I added half to floral wires so I could manipulate them coming out of the lantern. The rest I layered to place on top.

Before putting the lantern together I colour waxed it to give it a weathered look.

Here is the result


 
Alas I did not get anywhere but it was fun planning designing and making it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment