Followers

Monday 12 November 2018

12 Days Of Christmas Gifts - Day 3 - Paper Ribbons

Hello Crafters

I am sorry it has been a few days since I started the 12 Days of Christmas Gifts, I have been so busy preparing for my first Christmas Fair. More about that when I finish the gift series.

The kitchen is being re-fitted and tomorrow I am helping at a £ Craft day, where we will be making Teepee cards and Favours, so I have also been busy packing 30 packs of goodies for the attendees.

Today is not a gift in itself, but I have used it on so many items this year it is a useful crafty item to make all year round. I have shown it to you before but it is worth doing again and giving you fuller instructions.


Day 3 Paper Ribbons


I first saw this being made using an envelope maker (We R Memory Keepers board), and so nearly bought the board just to make the ribbons. But them thought I would try them by hand. So ideal for anyone just starting out with paper crafts or who enjoys wrapping gifts.

It also uses up scraps of paper and card and has the added bonus of making your ribbons match your projects

You will  need:

A strip of card 1" x 12" (so it can be scraps from a piece of A4 or 12 x 12 paper pad.
Corner punch
pretty button or bead to decorate the centre
strong double sided tape


  • Fold the piece in half lightly and using your corner punch trim both sides of the folded edge
  • fold the open ends up to about an inch off the top and crease the fold. 
 

  • Unfold and make a tail on the open end, by cutting half an inch up in the middle of the two pieces and curving a cut 
  • Run your scissors along the middle sections to curve them





  • Turn the ribbon upside down and fold down the creases so the tails touch the table 
  • Put double sided tape just inside the crease 




  • Fold and stick just before the curved edge 
  • Turn over and decorate the centre
I have used buttons flowers bead s and for many Christmas decorations I have used bells such as in this picture 

Day 4 will show how I have used the ribbon on  a pretty box

Back soon 
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment