Followers

Saturday 16 March 2024

Covered Journal

 Reusable Covers for your Journals

As a lover of pretty stationary, one of the items I have started to sew for my craft stall, is a fabric Journal Cover. The journal slips into the cover so that when you have filled it up you can slip it out and re-use the cover on the next journal you use. 


 I have then added a decorative closure 

As I enjoy making charm & beaded danglies I have added them to one or two of my Journals.
The two above use the same fabric, one decorated with an elastic fastener with a decorative button.The other one has a printed elastic closure with a large elephant charm.
Both have been made with embroidered fabric.


The third  one also used embroidered fabric with a lovely red flower. On this one I added a beaded dangly I had made from recycled jewellery..

These will be a regular on my stall as I see people using notebooks all the time and I think a lot of people like the action of writing down their daily lives rather than just using their phones and iPads, both of which I have but I find it much easier to look back over my memorable moments when they are written down, so I keep a journal for design and craft ideas, travel-logs and notes from meetings etc.

Back soon with the outcome of my spring fair.
Dee





No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment