Followers

Thursday 30 May 2024

Another way of using up your scraps .

Beautiful Rosette embellishments

Checking out YouTube I came across this great idea to use up your scrap papers, from Natasha at Treasure Books. Natasha makes beautiful journals and embellishments for them.
In this post she was showing 5 projects to use up your scrap papers and I fell in love with the rosettes.

As they can be made while watching the tv in the evening I was keen to have a go, and set up my production run.
First I selected 7 appropriate pieces of scrap papers, and with my scoreboard in my hand, and my favourite show on the tv, I scored each piece at 1/2” intervals. At the next set of adverts I returned to the desk and cut each piece in half lengthways.
Back to the sofa and folded each half and glued the 2 sections together.working on a craft mat.
When they are dry push it down and into the middle to form the rosette. Put hot glue on the back side of the Rossettte , in the middle and hold together. Then turn back tothe front of the rosette and decorate. I have used vintage buttons. 

Finish a gift box 




Selection of Rosettes made in one evening  

I enjoyed making these and it’s a great way of using up your scrap strips of papers.

Happy Crafting
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment