Followers

Saturday 31 August 2024

Updated Trinket Boxes

 Origami Trinket Boxes

Tidying my boxes in the craft room the other day I came across some folded papers I had prepared for the bases of my Origami Trinket Boxes. 
The trinket box is not my idea, I saw it originally on YouTube and made it with 8 x 8 papers. Then I saw another YouTube video where the crafters made a lid to fit the 6 x 6 paper version. I worked out how to size the lids up and could make the trinket box with 6 x 6 papers, 8 x 8 papers and 12 x 12 papers, and add lids.
I made quite a few and sold a couple and gave a few away, keeping 2 of the larger sized boxes to store my beads and jewellery parts that I use to make my journal embellishments. I have had them for a couple of years now and they are wearing well. 




A few months ago I had a eureka moment when I realised I could line the base box, and if I folded one sheet with the pattern on the outside and one with the pattern on the inside the box became lined. I then had to work out how to place the lining inside the box. 
So when I found the 3 folded sets of trinket boxes I decided to make them up to add them to my Christmas Craft Fayre items or o give them away as gifts with some chocolates inside.

They take about an hour to make, the bases come together quite quickly but them the hot glue gun is fired up to add the embellishments before constructing the lids which are formed from a box base with a flat top. For a box made from a 12 x 12 paper the aperature is 7.5cm. I make the box lid with a piece of card 13cm square scored on all four sides at 1cm,2cm& 3cm 


The three boxes were made from K & Co papers.
They have been added  to the other three in my box 

Happy Crafting 
Dee




No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment