Followers

Monday 18 September 2017

Boxes for Christmas

Hi Crafters

I was watching the craft channel at the weekend, and they were showing some really lovely large boxes made from card using a new set of Tonic Dies. The die set was over £50, but the demonstrations were lovely and made you want the possibility of making the boxes.

Checking the internet made me realise that the dies were obviously a new launch and not yet available anywhere else, which just made me want them more. But having just bought some Tattered Lace dies on sale I decided to be prudent and think about the Tonic dies before taking the plunge.

Today I was drawing up a design for a large bird cage, using the tools I have in the cupboard, The sides, base and domed lid are cut out but I would like to panel the sides before putting it all together and need to search out my panel dies that do not cut out the edges. However in composing the various parts to the cage I realised I could make a box with the same method. So I will try to produce a similar box to those shown on the craft show. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment