Followers

Wednesday 17 January 2018

Bags of Bags

Last year I went to a great craft day run by the WI, where you got to select three craft session over the day. In the morning I made a brooch from felt and beads, and some patchwork. In the afternoon I made a bag.
I loved the process and it relit my love of sewing.
It was such a pleasure I treated myself to a new sewing machine and now I am on YouTube and Pinterest checking outnew projects to make with my trusty sewing machine.

The bag I made last year has been commandeered to hold wool, as a friend talked me into taking up my needles in December to knit angels for her church.

I have also made a needle bag to hold my knitting needles.

When suitable I upcycle and recycle fabrics,  And get a real sense of achievement.

So far I have made a storage bucket from trousers, and an evening purse from a tie.
Next An origami bag, and Japanese knot bag
I have bagged a pair of jeans from hubby and ties from a retired friend.



This is the bag made at the workshop
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment