Followers

Monday 22 January 2018

Recycled Tie Bags Sooo!!! Pretty

Hi Everyone

Well as promised, now I have some completed bags made from ties I will show you the finished items. I should point out in fairness, there were 5 made before these that I did not like that much and only fitted a phone or camera in. Whilst the ones I had seen on Pinterest were little purses suitable for evening use, and this is what I was aiming for.

Whilst for all the other bags I have seen on YouTube and Pinterest have patterns, this one I could not even find a pattern to buy as the one or two sites selling them were no longer working. So it was a case of trial and error and making my own patterns, and then tweaking them to get one that looked like the one that had inspired me originally.


The most simple and smallest bag. This is from a silk tie and you can see the brighter colours from the silk, so although small I like this little purse.

Another fairly small bag but a little wider than the first one so will hold a phone, plus hanky, lipstick and some money

This one was made from a polyester tie and I have added one of my chiffon flowers that matches the turquoise squares on the fabric. This is lined with a fine poly/cotton fabric


My favourite so far. It is made from a silk tie and lined with the fabric from inside tie.Although this shows the inside seams ( which I have oversewn) it is tidy enough inside and there is quite a bit of room in the bag, as this was a wider tie, and I have used most of the tie, adding a cord handle .

The last two have provided me with a basic pattern to form more bags. I am not able to provide patterns as there are several adjustments to be made on every new bag made according to the width and length of the original tie.

These bags will be available to buy in my Etsy Store.

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment