Followers

Sunday 20 October 2019

Recycling Project 2 - Book page Gift Bag

Hi Crafters

Today I have another gift bag from recycled paper. This time using  pages from a book
After I have finished with the book I like nothing better than to use them for my craft projects. Check out all the lovely ideas on Pinterest and get inspired to recycle.

This is a simple gift bag made from a large page, it makes a bag 12cm H by 8cm W
with the gusset it is just the right size for a pack of sweets or small gift. 
You can then stamp the pages to reflect the season and use.
These would be great for Halloween candy
Want a larger bag then put 2 pages together 
I wanted these for Christmas and wanted to  use the BOho Stamp as I love it. It may have been better with a smaller print but the fun of crafting for yourself is anything goes.

The easiest video on YouTube to follow if you need to know how to make the bag is from a lady who goes by the name of  'Priyanka knowledge bank', but there are many videos on making paper bags. However if you get the principle from this video you can see it is made with wrapping paper  and you can make larger bags with this. 

If you want to use recycled materials such as book pages your bag will be restricted in size to the materials available, but of course you will be helping the environment and crafting so it is all good. 

As you can see I have used a variety of strings and ribbon for the handles but again I am using scraps and recycling oddments so I am pleased that the projects can use up bits from my ribbon bag. 

Another plus with these bags is they fold flat for storage 

You will need:
book pages from a book you have finished with (the bigger the better)
Glue stick
Hole punch ( I used my Crop A Dile, but any single hole punch would work as well)
scraps of ribbon or string at least 20cm long
Stamp and stamp pad - I used the Boho stamp by Inloveartstamp and Ranger Adirondack Earthtones ink Oregano, Eggplant and Terra Cotta.  

Happy Crafting 
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment