Followers

Sunday 3 November 2019

More Ideas for Card KIt Stash

Hi Crafters

I have been busy preparing for the Craft Fairs, but when I could  not sleep last night I had a cup of tea and went on YouTube where I saw another great idea to use up those card kits you have purchased, used but have lots left in the kit sitting in the cupboard.
The idea is simple and can be adapted to most size cards
Use 2 of the cards to make a great box
The idea comes from The Posh Paper Lady Blog, who demonstrated the idea with 2  5" x 7" card, her boxes were lined with more card to make them very sturdy, but I think my cards were heavy enough card not to need lining. 

My cards were 15cm by 30cm and I therefore worked out the dimensions and cuts required to make this gorgeous box

I cut 2" from the back of each card and then scored 1/2" down the cut edge. Using red tape I put the two cards together to form the middle of the box. 

Then I worked out the depth of the base and lid I wanted and cut 2 pieces of card to make the base and lid these measured  24.25cm x 17.75cm, scored at 2cm and 4.5cm on all four sides. 
Make up the lid and base, glue the middle to the base and decorate 
This bow is a little excessive but I love it. The finished box measures 15cm x 8.5cm x 21.5cm, so could be used to wrap those parcels for Christmas 

I liked the finished box so much I made another from 2 more of the cards from the set and this I will use to house 10 cards and envelopes made from the set. This £8 kit has given me hours of crafting and it feels really good to re-purpose something from your stash. I have made cards, covered notebooks, and made several styles of boxes from the kit. 

Happy Crafting
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment