Followers

Thursday 12 December 2019

Denman College & Mosaics

Hi Crafters

I recently went to Denman with friends from my WI to do a course on Mosaics
It was great fun, the tutor was very good and I was pleasantly surprised at my finished item

We had an introductory hour on the first evening, after dinner, and I had already decided to try making a specific item rather than cover a base board. Little did I realise how much work this would give me, but the challenge was worthwhile, I had help from Liz the tutor and managed to cut all the glass, tiles and place the embellishments to complete the board the next day, leaving the last morning to grout.


Hey Presto!  I have a new number plaque for my house. 
Liz has a shop on Etsy where you can purchase small kits to make mosaic butterflies, seahorses, snails, dragonflies etc 
the shop is "lilyMosaicsByLis" at www.etsy.com/uk
Or visit her website at www.lily-mosaics.co.uk
Super gifts for crafty friends and family.
There were four of us from our institute and we had such a good time we have booked to do silver clay jewellery, next year.

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment