Followers

Friday 17 December 2021

Gift Boxes & Bags (A round up of styles)

 Hello Crafters
I have been busy over the last couple of weeks like most of you. Christmas cards are now made and mostly distributed, and the last couple of days have been about parcel wrapping. I have always enjoyed the wrapping almost as much as the giving and like the gift to be a surprise so boxes are useful at this time of year. 
I also make gift bags especially for toiletries, makeup and jewellery as the bags can be used to store the items after opening and hopefully re-used a few time for wrapping. I know some of my card boxes have had multi-use too, so thats good.
Today I thought I would do a round up of a few of the boxes and bags I have made and give you directions  to the particular blog or YouTube video so you can make them yourself.

No1
Recently made, a 2 section box for hand wash and hand cream gift. This I made by measuring the bottles and then making a base to fit the 2 bottles side by side. This particular box needed to be 8” long and 5” wide 2.5” deep. So require a 12 x 12 sheet and I used the Sara signature “Letters from the Heart” paper pad. Just make your box as you would normally and then for the dividing centre part take a piece of card the length of the box and just under  double the width The width of this box is 5” so I make the card 9.5” x 8”. Score the width 2.5”, 4.75”, 7” . Fold the centre score lines to form a double layer and glue together. Then lay into the base of the box. Check the fit (it may need a slight trim either side to fit snuggly into the box base. Then glue the 2 panels to the base of the box.

No2
Best Box Ever
I called this my best box ever as I had learnt to add an extra section to give a professional finish to the inside of the boxes. You can see this in my blog 9 Sept 2021.


No 3

T Light Box 
For some reason I cannot find a blog for this although I cannot believe I have not given you this. It is a simple box to make and can be made from 1 sheet of A4. Simply measure your T-Light and make sure your sections are wide enough. This box has been made with a sheet 21cm  x 28cm by scoring along the 21cm side at 2.5cm,5cm,11cm,13.5cm,19.5cm, and turn to score both sides and 2.5cm and 5cm both sides. This box hold 3 larger T-lights.


No 4 

Self Closing Pouch Box
I made this a long time ago and have several sitting in my craft room stores flat with the extra base pieces and tape in place ready to put together when I need them.
See my blog 22/11/20


No 5 
Small Box with Laminated Lid 

This box was made to demonstrate using pretty papers laminated one side to enhance your box making. It means you can use thinner papers printed on home printers as once they are laminated they have added strength. Perfect for the little jewellery gift box etc. 
Just make your box as you would normally using a sheet of laminated paper for the box lid.


No 6 

Origami Box 

I made 20-30 of these cute origami boxes. The one pictured here is one of my largest and has been made from a 12 x 12 square for the base.



A great gift box for jewellery that can be used by the recipient as a jewellery box as it is pretty enough to be left on the dressing table or sideboard. 
You can see how to make in from my blog on 3/12/2019



There were some that got away - in other words were given to the recipient before i took a photograph for the blog. 
Ingenious Bottle Box that is double skinned and sturdy enough for a bottle and to keep its shape. this was from a Crafters companion CD that came with my A3 Scoreboard 
Triangular Box - So simple to make from a sheet of A4. Ideal for sweets and trinkets. You can find how to make here. 

Hope you enjoy these and have a go at some of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment