Followers

Saturday 18 June 2022

Small Gift June - Pretty & Useful Clipboard

 Use Your Stash June 

Project 4 Small Gift - Clipboard


Still using my stash, I came across some grey-board, and with plenty of 12 x 12 pads available I thought I would make some Clipboards. 
A couple of years ago I had seen some pen clips being used by The Posh Paper Lady and had to have some so bought them on Amazon, I had some pretty rose gold Bulldog Clips and so decided to make a few ready for my next Craft show. Each board will hold up to A4 paper pads 

These are so simple and make a great Teachers gift or summer fete item.

To cover the grey-board I have used Crafters Companion 12 x 12 sheets 
I made 2 with Vintage Dream and one with Victorian Diary.
Each board uses 2 sheets of 12 x 12 


  • Start by running a gold marker pen along the top and bottom. I do this as the 12 x 12 papers will not wrap all around the grey-board, so you see the base line.
  • Choose a piece of 12 x12 that you want for the back of the clipboard, and the piece you want for the front, the front needs to have a print that will sit centrally on the 8 1/4” width.
You may need to cut half a centimetre off the top of your 12 x 12 sheets if the grey-board is a standard A4 size as they are just short of 12” 
  • Add glue to the back of the grey-board and stick to  the centre of the paper chosen to be the back. 
  • Stand the board up and crease the paper over the side edges, run your bone folder or crease with your fingers before gluing the sides over the front 
  • Now cut the front sheet to 1/4” narrower than the width of the grey-board, centralising the pattern as best as possible and glue to the top of the board. Press the glued paper down using your bone-folder to smooth out the glue and ensure an even spread.
  • Add the Bulldog clip to the top and if you have one a pen clip to the side of the board
This is the main board completed. 

You may wish to add a paper pad
Or some note-lets and envelopes 
You can also decorate the Bulldog clip with some dangly beads 

Make a variety of patterns suitable for all. I have made three so far but no masculine ones as yet, so I will a few of them later. 


The first one I made using Vintage dream papers featured a unicorn, so I used the more generic sheets front he pad for the next board
The last one shown in the picture (at the bottom) is from the Vintage Diary collection 

I will pop them into a cellophane bag and label them to sell on my stall.  

Dee






No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment