Followers

Thursday 15 December 2022

Pretty Christmas Decoration

 Another Christmas Decoration




This hanging Decoration is a great way of using your dies in a new way. Another project found on the web that I just had to try. 

The die used for this project is Spellbinders Bow die. You use one of the bow sections which has a small round at the end with a hole. Cut 4 to make the base of this decoration. The 4 sections are then put together with a brad. You can use ribbon threaded through the top section for hanging. I have then added the roses and ribbon bow with a hot glue gun and a tassel has been attached to the brad at the base.

Warning: A little patience is needed to. Make this as you need 4 die cut bow sections each has to be poked out to make the clean lattice look, although the Spellbinders die is very good at the lattice cutting. Having said that I loved it so much I bought another set dies so I could cut 2 at time. 

Now I have 2 sets I cut another decoration with gold card. This time using the smaller bow. I cut 6 sections to make a shorter more round version. 
I decorated with red rose, cream ribbon and pearls and added a gold dangling star.


Take another look at your dies and see if you have a die that can been used in other ways. Lots of us have bow dies, lets make the most of them. 

Happy Crafting 
Dee



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment