Followers

Sunday 25 February 2024

Easter Egg Collecting bags

 More items for the Craft Fair next week

So my machine came out ready to make items for the Craft Fair next week. I had some items to finish and I wanted to make some small bags suitable for Easter egg collecting. 

These bags were made with 2 pieces of fabric 12” x 15”. I used one piece of fabric from my fat quarter stash and I piece from the upholstery fabric end of rolls fabric, as this saved using a stiffener to form the basket. The handles were made from a yarn that is made from recycled cotton called Bobbing. I love it for craft work and purchased it from a shop called  Magpies  in Bideford, when I was visiting North Devon last year. The yarn is strong enough for this type of small bag and is soft enough for little hands.

I added a pocket to the front with a piece of matching “fat Quarter” fabric which was embellished with an Easter Bunny.

These cute baskets will hold enough eggs for anyone to enjoy.

I have made just 5 to try at the Craft Fair. 

Check back soon to hear more about the Craft Fair.

Happy Crafting 
Dee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment