Followers

Sunday 12 February 2017

An update on new tools

Hi Crafters

In January I treated myself to a new cutter. It was the self sharpening Cutterpillar Pro.
At £99 on discount (normally £129) I thought it would be all singing all dancing and worked out that if it meant never buying a new blade for 10 years it would just about pay for itself.
The beauty of buying from Create and Craft is the ability to try and send back if not up to expectations.
Quite excited when it arrived and unpacked it the same evening to try. It cuts like a dream, and once I was use to the cutter it would cut very straight, but by the end of the trial evening I had decided to return it. Hubby had offered to help buy it, but for once it was not about the money. It took up a lot of space  and whilst the top of the cutter had score marks all over it they were not for scoring just for decoration. This meant all my card making would require this cutter plus a scorer. Too much space on the desk and twice as long to  make a card. I currently use a Fiskar cutter and whilst the new ones have a wire down the cutting groove my older version does not
. This means I can put a card in the cutter and cut the size I want, then just line it up at the top of the cutter to score all the lines I need to  make my chosen style. If yo make straight folding cards and mat and layer a lot, the cutterpillar pro would be great but if you make styled cards such as pop up box cards shutter cards etc it really is a lot of hassle to change tools.

However all is not lost. The item was returned easily through Asda, at no cost and last week I saw a template and dies I had to have from Tattered Lace. I do not have a lot of tattered lace dies and at first I made the mistake of thinking the envelope shapes were dies as the kit was £24.99 plus p&p . But the DL envelope shapes are actually templates. The bit I really really wanted though were the dies that came with it (you cannot buy them seperately) and they cut a tidy slit in the envelope flap and then either a heart, butterfly and one other the other side of the flap leaving the centre in. This enables you to fold the heart in half and put it through the envelope slit to close the envelope.

I will review the kit once it comes, can't wait to play with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment