Followers

Monday 9 October 2017

Shabby Chic Folders


Hi Crafters

Saw these on You Tube and had to have a go as they looked so cute.

I had some manilla envelopes in the cupboard and everything else was from my craft stash

I made these with scrapbook papers but some of the very pretty one I saw used serviettes and modge podge.

A 12 x 12 sheet covered one envelope
Cut a piece 22cm deep making sure any print is the right way up when you put it on the envelope
Cut this piece in 2 making 2 pieces 15cm x 22cm

Glue each piece to the front and back

With the remaining piece of paper cut a piece to cover the flap (use the envelope flap for a template), and glue down. Keep the remaining piece to make an additional tag

I have then used distress ink to age the sides and five the shabby chic look.
Decorating with brown tags and string plus a tag made from the matching paper and an embellishment that compliments the paper.

I love the results and hope to make some for the Christmas Craft Fairs.

This one has a fairy and flower paper so I have added a young girl bag embellishment to the tags attached to the back flap. While the front has some glitter added tot he fairy dress and flower centre.
Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment