Followers

Tuesday 12 November 2019

Christmas is Coming

Hi Crafters

So here we are in November already and Christmas Craft Fair season begins.
The main reason for so few blogs in October was my preparation for the Craft Fairs I do.

My first is on 9th November at Nailsea and I love this fair. It is well attended and with a great variety of crafts on offer. It runs all day over 3 halls at the Methodist CHurch.

I am nearly ready. As in previous fairs,  this year I am trying some new items as well as regular paper crafts. I try new items cautiously, if it is a new papercraft with a relatively small price tag and uses craft items already in my stash I may make 10-15 or whatever looks presentable on the table. If the item is larger and uses additional craft items that have to be purchased I will may 5-6. This is the number of Christmas Wreaths I have made to take to Nailsea. I have made some lovely wreaths using a metal ring that can be recycled next year. Some are covered in burlap ribbon and some in wire edged Christmas ribbons before decorating.

I had thought about taking wreaths to craft fairs before but was not sure how to present them, I ususally see them mounted on a back panel but I have nothing like this, however I have bought myself a wreath stand and am really pleased with the look and height as it will sit well on the table.
I can display a couple of wreaths at a time which is fine as anyone interested can then see what else is available and the display will not overshadow the other items on the table.
My next problem was the actual sale. If I sold one, what do  I put it in. I could buy some carrier bags but the bags large enough to take the wreaths are made of plastic and I am trying to promote more natural crafts, as well as recycled so plastic bags did not compliment the theme. I  therefore spent this morning making large carrier bags from ends of rolls of wallpaper and oddments of ribbon and cord from my stash.

I am now set to present my 6 Wreaths at the Fair.

During November I will write about the items I have made and then in December I will give a report on what worked and what didn't. Many of the crafters that so generously share their makes on YouTube do series on Craft Fair items and will also share the successes and less favoured items, so if you are thinking of selling at a fair in the next year it is well worth doing dome homework and checking out what is currently popular. A large chunk of trade is lost to me as I make very few items for children. I do not have any so do not know the market and steer clear of trying to make for them.

I do make items suitable for teacher gifts and stokcing filler and this year have made some delicious Elf Stockings for Chocolate lovers. 

Good luck to all of you taking part in Craft fairs for the holiday season, I would love to hear how you get on

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment