Followers

Wednesday 13 November 2019

Cute little Origami dish

Hi Crafters

A quick post today to show you this pretty little origami star dish/gift box.



This is not my idea it came from Rachthestamper.com
You can also see another version with a pretty lid on www.Dawnstampingthoughts.net, or Youtube.

In the demonstrated versions they used double sided papers and these are the easiest to use as you make one and decorate, but for my trial I used a piece of 6 x 6 from my stash and as I did not know how well it would turn out just used single sided. (this is a good tip for new trials as single sided is generally less expensive) 



As you can see the base of the star shows the white side of the paper.
But having mastered the folding I used a Christmas paper double sided, this one used a piece 8 x 8" cut from a 12 x 12 



I used some of the 12 x 12 left over to make a handle.

I then thought if there are lots of you out there with lots of one sided 6 x6 sheets of paper, how could you use them up to make these pretty boxes. A eureka moment later and I cut one sheet down to 5.5" square folded it in the same way, but using the opposite side up, and then slipped it inside the 6 x 6 folded square to make the one you see in the picture at the top of the page.

They make pretty little star dishes to put your sweets into
Or you could follow Dawns Stamping Thoughts method and make a lid to give a small gift 
I can see me making these for Easter.

I hope you have a go and if so I would love to see the results

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment