Followers

Tuesday 14 January 2020

Make Together Tuesday Recycled Christmas Cards

Gift Box from Recycled Cards and items from your stash 





Here we are with the second recycled Christmas card project
If you have a box maker you can use 2 cards of the same size and using the box maker score and glue the base and lid to make a gift box
If like me you have a card you really want to use to make a box and there is not a suitable coordinating card to make the base you can make it using a coordinating piece of card stock from my stash
My Box uses:
1 piece of blue card stock from my stash measuring 21cm square
Scores at 3 and 6cm all four sides
from the bottom cut up to the second score line on both of the corner sections
Cut the outer section off and on the inner section cut the bottom square off
Turn the card 180degrees and do the same the other end
Cut small notches in the corner flap sections
Glue the two panels all the way around and tucking in the flaps turn over and glue down so you have a double sided box base

Next take a Greeting card that you want to use. (Mine measured 13cm square), and score all four sides just under 2cm. I used my papercutter for this as I could score 1mm under the 2cm mark.
or if the card allows cut the card 13.1cm square and score at 2cm all the way around
Because the card was thick I did not need to make it double thickness on the sides, so with the card facing you cut up to the score line in each corner and nip a little out from the corner square and glue down.


This is a great way of using up the cards that have a cute picture in the centre of the card as the outer card will be the side panels of your lid.
Because I have used a piece of card from my stash to make the base the depth of this box makes it suitable for a bracelet or slightly bigger gift

Don't forget to look back next week for more ideas on how to use your Christmas Cards and if you like what you see why not subscribe to my blog by clicking on the FOLLOW button at the top of the page

Dee




No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment