Followers

Thursday 6 February 2020

Great Little Card to Say hello, Get Well, Thank you etc

Hi Crafters

I have recently cleared out some drawers and boxes in the craft room and came across some sample cards I made that hold small bars of Chocolate

These are not a new idea and for the bigger bars there are Youtube videos.

My cards hold a small bar of chocolate that I love from Lidl, they come in white, dark and hazlenut, my favourite is the white and I usually have them in the house, although they are a temptation for sure.

I will be honest my cards are too flimsy and I should have stopped at one card, but I loved the idea so much I made about 10. So I am adjusting the instructions for you

You will need a sheet of A4 card white or cream 200gsm or more
Cut a strip 16cm deep and using the full width of the card.
Along the long side score at 10.5, 11.5, 21.5, 22.5, 28.5, 29.5
Turn and score up to the 21.5cm scoreline at 1,2cm each side of the card (this section form the box.

At the 21.5cm score line cut down with scissors to the 2cm line either side
Now dols and burnish all your score line
Round the corners at all four corners of the main card and on the outer edge of the box.
Cut the 2 1cm corners off the far right side of the card and then cut down to the 2cm line to make the box flaps
Fold the box over and glue down the sides leaving the end 2cm flap that will hold the chococlate in place
Decorate the front of your card and add the greeting of choice

 I am taking one to a friend as a get well card, and they would make perfect Thank You cards or Hello.

Useful to have a small stash (but don't eat the bars) for visiting etc.
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment