Followers

Wednesday 19 February 2020

Using Your Scraps up Week 3

Hi Crafters

Over the last couple of weeks I have talked about crafting with your craft scraps.
Save money and make the most of your tools and paper by making sure the scraps you store, get used on your projects.

Today I am using the medium or smaller pieces in the left side of the sorted picture.

The most obvious use for these pieces is with your dies and to ensure that these pieces get added to your future projects, choose dies that are generic.

I have used them to cut out flowers and bows. The flowers will be used quite quickly when making my next birthday cards, Mother's Day card etc, while the bows can be added to parcels as well as large cards.





The Bow die is quite fancy and requires each pieces to be cut twice, so 6 pieces in all to make the bow, a little time consuming but worth it for the fancy bow it produces and I add these to my gift bags.




Double bow                                                      Single Bow

Another great use of this size  of scraps and also uses scraps from your basic colour pile, are greetings.


Using my basic layering dies I cut a lot of cream and white bases and stamped "Happy Birthday", these are the greetings I use most and I like them layered and slotted into the front design.

I then cut the next size up from patterned scraps and layered them 


An afternoon well spent and these are real cute and ready for my next card making session.

Other ideas include: 
small money envelopes
mini boxes 














By using 2 dies together you can double your number of cuts each time you use your machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment