Followers

Sunday 1 November 2020

Shabby chic Butterflies from book pages

 Hi Crafters

Project 2 of Recycled book pages

Today I have some more recycled projects.

Having decided to use one of my paperbacks for crafting, I took out several pages and tidied the edge ready to use for projects, my previous post was project 1, a Rosette, and today I am going to share some butterflies I have made. 

I started with very basic butterflies some design papers and some book pages to give layers. Whilst I was happy with the end result, I wanted to try other styles and decided to use my distress inks to colour the wings and just use book pages.


Lastly I used a die to cut several layers of butterflies and marked the wings by stamping onto the top layer and also colouring the top with inks. These are more styled and less shabby chic



So we have 3 styles of butterflies from simply cut, to die cut, stamped and coloured. All different looks, all use recycled pages. You do not need any equipment for the basic butterfly cut-out, and the finished item can be made in all sizes to decorate cards, gift boxes or even interior design settings. Imagine large butteflies hanging from the ceiling of the childrens bedroom, or simply used as a mobile. Back soon with more recycled pages, next time it will be paper purses and pockets for your journals.

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment