Followers

Friday 19 February 2021

Fabulous files to store your Crafty Bits

 Hi Crafters

Well I find myself happily full of craft projects I want to try. After making the snap purses in my last blog I can't wait to try Gi Kerr's Journal Tags, but these will have to wait as I have seen some great files for storage on Sam Calcotts YouTube videos, so here we go.

I have made many files in the past, but Sam's video showed how to use laminated front and back panels, and also how to laminate the front flap to make it sturdier for a snap popper closing. 

Here is the one using Sam's directions  




This one was made usisng Stamperia papers for the front and back panels and coordinating pages from a DCWV paper pad. Both are lovely quality papers and the Stamperia have some great prints in the style of Graphics 45 but not such busy prints.

I was in the mood for file making then and decided to make another 2 to make a set. I altered the design a little so that the base was a solid shape and instead of laminating the flap and panels I lined the tops to take the snap poppers. I cut these 7" and 5" wide and 6" deep for the main printed panels so I was able to get them both out of one sheet of 12 x 12 Stamperia paper. I cut the base panels 3.5" x 7", and 3.5" x 5" scored at 1" either side, leaving a base of 1.5". The top panels are cut 5" x 7" and 5" x 5" and scored at 1" 2.5" (and at each score panel inbetween these 2 and then shorten the flap as required flace another piece of coordinating card inside the top flap from the 2.5" score line down, to reinforce front flap and line the front panel with an inch of coordinating card. Make up n the same way as Sam does her folder. Follow the link here.

https://youtu.be/HayvSU59DKQ




Next I want to try a combination of the two,  laminated front panels and layered flap for extra strength, as I love the laminated feature, or laminated flap and brad fastenings. This set will be put on Ebay and in my Etsy shop for sale, as I think they woudl make a great gift for Easter or Mother's day.

Back soon with those  Journal tags.

Dee 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment