Followers

Wednesday 10 February 2021

The Cutest Easter Gift - Stationary Folder

 Hello Crafters

Here I am back with another project to use up craft stash.
I have a thing about buying bargains. Even when I know I don't need any more cards or kits, I am a sucker for a good buy. Particularly Create and Craft card kits that include cards, envelopes, background card and papers and embellishments. If the price is right I buy them. So I accumulated several kits. I never have problems using up the Christmas kits, but the general kits make up very quickly and so I make 20 or so and then give up. 

I decided to do something with them and thought they would make great little gift sets. So I used 24 base cards and decorated them with various greeetings and embellishments. I then took some of my 12 x 12 card stock and made the folders to put them in. 

Here are the results 



Now if you look inside one here is the layout

There are 3 cards and envelopes each side of the folder. This folder holds general greeting cards


While this one has cards that are more notelet style with fun sayings 

For each of the folders you will need:
6 cards and envelopes
1 sheet of 12 x 12 card stock ( i like to use double sided so the inside is pretty as well)
2 small brads
A piece of matching ribbon 
The cards and envelopes i used measure 5.25” x 7.25”  
So to make the folder take a sheet of your 12 x 12 card  and cut 1” off the bottom 
Place flat on your score board and score 5.75” in, Turn 180˚ And score again at 5.75” this will give you a middle binder of approx 1/2”  
Turn the card on the score board, 90˚ and score at 3.5” to form the bottom flap
Place a small hole about 1” down and 1/4” in on the folded flap and add a brad to hold the flap together and this will allow the cards and envelopes wiggle room at the same time holding them in place in the folder.
If you are selling the folders you may wish to cover the brads inside with some WASHI tape or a circle of card so they are not going to catch on anything when the folder is opened.

I decided to put them altogether for a lot on Ebay as the idea is to destash, so I am happy to sell them at cost, and by putting them together with one p&p charge kept the price down.

They make alternative Easter presents, you could even slip a large bar of chocolate into the folder. All four folders are on sale for £10. They would also be great to have as little “Thank You” gifts, Teacher gifts etc.

Happy Crafting and keep thinking about how you can use up that craft stash.

Dee





No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment