Followers

Wednesday 20 October 2021

Upcycling Christmas Cards

 Hi Crafters

Yes it is that time again, time to start getting ready for the great Christmas makes.

I was thinking about half term and the opportunity to make cards with the children ready for them to give out at Christmas, preparing some items in the half term will take some of the load off later. With that in mind I came across a box of 4 x 4 cards that I had bought in the sales last year.

The box had 30 cards with red envelopes and I think cost me just 99p, at this time of year you may well be able to find them in the discount shops as they put out the Christmas stock. 

The cards although perfectly good for general use if you have no crafting ambitions, were not for me, but the 30 envelopes alone were worth more than the 99p, and was the main reason for purchasing the box. I can make my own 4 x 4 cards and have the perfect envelopes. So what to do with the cards from the box.

Well here are my ideas:

1. Gift Tags - simply punch a hole in the top and add some pretty ribbon I used one bunch of 8 tags an added some Christmas colour ribbon.


2.  Photo Mini-Book - I took a group of 8 cards and glue the back page of 7 to the next card. 

The cards are then folded to concertina 

Leave one card to decorate the box you make to hold the photo mini-book
Use the card to draw around to make the box shape. Add 1cm line on all 6 sides and then another 1cm line outside the first line. Cut around the outside lines to make the base of the box, and score the first line. Cut down to the first line on each of the six sides and glue the tabs down to make the base box. Repeat for the lid but make the first lines 1/8th” off the card base, so this makes the lid lightly larger.

The last item I made was a banner. First I cut off the back of the cards, then I punched two holes in the top and simply slipped ribbon through the holes spacing the card evenly along the ribbon.


This would jolly up any plain wall space

Well here are some ideas to get you started. Would love to see any of your makes.

Happy Crafting 
Dee





No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment