Followers

Thursday 14 October 2021

Super Quick card for you to make

 Hi Crafters

I have been away a couple of week but I am back now and today I have a great card that can be made quickly and with items you already have in your craft room.

I chose a fairy theme but you could use flowers or for men a motorbike or train would look good in this format. Next choose the size card you want to make, I made mine A5 as it was the quickest and simplest card to make. Ideally a stamp and die combo is best but you can use any stamps and fussy cut the images.

Cut apiece of A4 smooth card 13cm x 19cm too work on. (Adjust this to fit your finished card size). 
I made the mistake of using a linen card which did not give me such a smooth finish 

First take a circle or oval die which will give you an aperture 4-6” and cut it out on a piece of scrap card as we are going to use the aperture not the shape 


I used a circle as it was the right size and cut it out on a piece of craft card I had in my scrap box. I will keep the circle for another project.

Next lay the stencil piece over your working card 



Now on the inside of your aperture use inks or chalks to build up a layer of colour around the edge, You can do this all around but I prefer the look with a gap at the right side of the aperture .Continue to build up the colour with less in the centre fading to nothing in the centre. 

The with black ink or a darker in to the one just applied add your image to the right side of the aperture. 
I stamped some star dust to the shaded left side and put my fairy to the right, and as I had a die to match my fairy I cut my fairy out again and layered it. 

I then added a greeting to the top of the card outside the circle image and then backed the work card onto a piece of blue card 14cm x 20cm to add a trim 


I could imagine this on cream card with yellow shading and a dark brown or black train through the right side, 

Back soon with more makes. 

Dee 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment