Followers

Wednesday 20 April 2022

Spring Flowers No4

April Flowers No 4

Kusudama Flowers 

So here we are with our fourth flower for April, the origami flower Kusudama. This is a very easy origami fold pattern but to make it even easier to follow I am attaching the YouTube Instructions I used when making the flowers below.


To make the three flowers shown above you will need 15 squares of paper 4” x 4” 
3 sticks for the stems ( I used kebab sticks) 
Decorative beads for the centre 
Hot Glue Gun
My flowers were made from 3 sheets of 12 x 12 from Sara’s Signature paper pad, “Vintage Diary”. I bought a couple of these pads when they were on offer and they were a great buy, 48 sheets of double sided papers for around £10.
Although a little heavy at 180gsm they were not too difficult to use as the folds are fairly basic on this design.
Each flower is made up of 5 petals each made the same way:

https://youtu.be/NcVjCuJG26c 

This YouTube tutorial from Origami 4ik really is the simplest version I have seen and easy to follow 

I use the pattern side of the 4” squares for 10 of the petals and the plain side for 5 so that there was a contrast on one of my flowers .

Once the folding was complete I glued the petals together then placed four of the petals together with hot glue before gluing the stick in the centre and placing the last petal over the stick and attaching to petals either side.

TIP
After gluing the individual petals together place 5 of them around to form the flower head and get a feel for the positioning before gluing the petals together around the stem. It helps you find the right place for the glue and positioning of the stem.

Make as many of the flowers as you want for your bunch. 

I have made many of these in the past and as I have no particular use for these, I just made 3 to show the flowers off. 





They can be made from book pages and sheet music for the vintage/recycled look. 


As you can see I have found a place on the window ledge to display these.

Hope you have a go at making them and as usual I would love to see yours.

Dee



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment