Followers

Saturday 23 April 2022

Spring Flowers - White Flowers for card making

 April Flowers

No 5 White flowers for White Cards

I love the clean finish and look to white on white cards and so the last make for April Spring Flowers are these white flowers made from Heartfelt Creations stamp and dies.


I have several flower sets from Heartfelt Creations and go back to them times and time again. With the matching dies in the same cluster as the stamps, multiple petals can be stamped and die cut together. Making the process quicker. 
For this card I set out to emphasise the white flower and make it as striking as possible in a subtle way.
The flower petals were stamped using  Perfect Medium by Ranger and then pearlised white embossing powder sprinkled on. I then used my heat gun to heat the powder and get the pearlised finish. 
Once the petals have been die cut I then used my ball-tools to shape and crinkle the edges before placing them together. 

Naturally I made a few flowers at the same time and even make some coloured flowers while I had the ink pads, dies and stamps out.

The first card I made was an A5 card with white card (A4 folded in half) with a layer of gold mirror card 20cm x 14cm and the topper card 19cm x 13cm.
Onto the topper card I scored lines through the centre of the card from top to bottom. Next I took some light green narrow ribbon and cut 6 lengths, tied the top together, added a white bow below the tied section .
I then used my hot glue gun to lay the ribbon onto the topper and added the 2 flowers to cover the top of the ribbon. 


This was finished with a Happy Birthday topper added with dimensional stickers 
I love the clean simple look of this card and will be using the idea again.

Here are the other flowers made at the same time and added to my stash.




As you can see these have had stamens and different centres added and the coloured flowers have been stamped out using Adirondack ink pad. 

Back soon with the May theme, not sure whether to make May:-

Small gifts.  Or

Using your Scraps 

Keep looking back to check out what has been inspiring me. 


Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment