Followers

Wednesday 26 October 2022

Gift Bag for my Luxury Cards

 Luxury Card Gift Bag 

Presenting your crafts

Although I have finished my Christmas Stash posts, I thought I would share a gift bag I made to put the luxury cards I made and shared in my last post.

I could have made a box but having watched a video on YouTube from Sam Caldcotta, showing how to make her slimline envelope gift bag , to present  her special cards, I decided to adapt it for my luxury cards.




I used 2 pieces of A4 white card 
A piece of acetate
A couple of pieces of silver card to go over the the top 
And silver ribbon that matches the cards. 

I cut the A4 card down to 11” x 8..25 and then scored the 2 sides and base of the A4 on both pieces at 1.5” . Fold and bUrnish the score lines.
On one piece I cut a section out in the centre of the scored area and added acetate to the back of the card (this is the front of the bag)
As you can see I added the lurex ribbon around the edges to finish it neatly and decorated the corners.

On the front piece I cut out the bottom right and left square 
On the back piece I just cut up the score line on the bottom and left and right square until it reached the score line.
Place the two bottom flaps together and glue and then fold in the corner flaps and glue down
Next glue down the side panels making your gift bag
The silver tops I cut at just under 8” long so they fit the top of the bag, and 1” to 1.25” wide
Score at 1/2”. Cut two and add them to either side of your bag
When they have dried mark 2” in from both sides and in the centre of the silver strip and punch a small hole ( I used my crop a file but you can use any hole punch you have). DO this both sides and you have the holes to add your handles. I used the other style of ribbon used on the card and cut 2 pieces approx 11” long. 

This bags neatly displays your pretty cards and offers an opportunity to gift your cards as well as give them to individuals. 


I then added a tag giving the contents of the bag and attached it with matching ribbon.

If you want to see a video on how to construct this bag here is the link to Sam’s video and while you are there why not check out her latest videos which includes her newest die and stamp set for a great pop-up card 


Happy Crafting
Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment