Followers

Wednesday 2 November 2022

Rustic Christmas White Stars

 Christmas is Here

Amazing Embossed Stars 


Each Christmas in my house I like to choose a theme for the decorations. This year is all about these fabulous Paper Embossed Stars.



I saw some white stars on Pinterest and they were made of vintage embossed wallpaper. So to make something like them I started with making the paper to use and then decided to emboss the paper with Christmas embossing folders before cutting them with star dies. 

I wanted the star to be lightly padded and for the 3D look 2 stars would be put together. 
I had thought I would glue them together. However the glue did not hold well,and even if I used hot glue gun, the edges ended being too untidy for the clean white look I wanted. 
So I ended up sewing the stars together. I was very happy with the finish of the stitched stars and ended up making a bunch of them.

Some were embossed with snowflake some had Christmas greetings and others had lovely 3D poinsettia. 

Once they were stitched I looked at how they can be used. 
I wanted multi-use so I decided to add an eyelet to enable the stars to be hung.Then using Jute string I added a loop to each star. 

Individual stars decorating the front of the cabinet in the lounge



The stars can be hung individually, or added to a length of Jute string to make a garland. I also made a couple of smaller sizes to make a tapered hanging decoration. And of course they can be used to adorn a parcel. 





So there will be stars adorning the cabinets and book shelf on the garland, some will be hung on the tree, and I 
will also be making some larger stars that can be used as a centre room decoration or top the tree. 

I have had some interest in the stars, and so as I am not doing a craft fair this year I have decided to add some to my Etsy store .

I am also looking to expand the theme and make some layered stars that can be personalised, as well as sewing some together as I think they would look lovely in a row on the mantelpiece. 
Check back to see new items over the month

Happy Christmas Crafting

Dee






No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment