Followers

Sunday 5 February 2023

Pop-Up Pocket Card

 New Design Card

Pop-Up Pocket Card

I had this idea when I went to make a card for my sister’s 70th Birthday card. I had seen a pretty pocket card I wanted to try but what I do not like about envelope cards is that they do not stand so cannot be displayed with the other cards. My favourite card shape is a Pop-up oblong box card and so I decided to amalgamate the two to make a pretty Pop-Up card that displays beautifully with an envelope front to the pop-up that would take the greeting.




You can see the pocket card front and the 70 has been added to an oval cut-out that can then act as a pully to remove the greeting section of the card . The giver can either write on the back of the greeting or on the back of the pop-up. There is also room to add a secret note, behind the greeting, so it would make a great Valentine card.

I made this by considering the base part of the  pop-up card. I decided I did not need the top half , just the folding sections and bars that hold the embellishment and then  make an envelope card that fitted the front section. I then took the measurements for the pop-up card base, removed the front panel and added an inch and a half to the overall size scoring a 3/4`’ then the first side panel then the back panel, next the other side panel and finishing with another 3/4” . These panels of 3/4” are then used to attach the envelope card to the front.

 I will link  a tutorial for the long pop-up card below.

https://youtu.be/wJPBgpxaAvw

And my inspiration for the Pocket card came from 

https://youtu.be/NJQFcAbMAw4

My 70th Birthday  card was made with paper and card from the “Where Wild Roses Grow” design by The Paper Tree Co, stamps and dies from Heartfelt Creations, a sheet of acetate, and clear sticky dots. 

The flowers are stamped onto the plainer paper sheets, layered and shaped then added to a strip of acetate, with a clear sticky dot. I also used the same sticky dots to add the acetate strips to the bars across the pop-up card.. 

I am very pleased with the end result, especially as the design is my own, and will definitely make more when I need a special card, The card folds flat and fits in to a 7” square envelope. Maybe another time I will play with the sizes for a smaller version, but for a 70th birthday this one needed to be big and showy to celebrate in style. 

Happy Crafting 

Dee 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment