Followers

Monday 7 May 2018

Useful Utility Apron

Hi Crafters

Here is something for all you crafters who sell your items at craft shows and fayres

I found that when I was selling at Craft shows, it is easy to get muddled with your selling, when your stall gets busy. You have someone wanting to buy and to hand you  the money, and someone else with a question, and that is the one time you are looking for a bag to put the purchase in and change for the customer.

So I made a Utility Apron

This way I have everything at hand. Bag, scissors, ribbbon/string, sellotape, business card, telephone and money 

I can simply slip the purchase into a bag, pop in a business card and look professional in  a matter of seconds so the potential customer is not kept waiting too long. 

There are plenty of ideas on how to make the apron on Pinterest and YouTube and I have taken those ideas and made the pockets to suit my needs.

  

This one has 6 pockets altogether .

The bottom 4 are used for:
Scissors
Tape/string 
Phone 
Business cards

The bigger pockets hold money/purse and wrapping (bags and closures)

As I had enough fabric for 2 aprons, I have one for sale in my Etsy shop
These aprons have been made in 3 sections each of them lined, but I could have made them with just the main section lined if I wanted to cut the costs. This would depend on the fabric available for the project as unlined sections would need to be more robust fabric, such as curtaining, denim etc. As mine are made from new heavyweight cottton they did not require lining, but I had some finer curtain lining available so lined all the pieces, making this a solid apron.

Tip: This could easily be made from recycled materials such as old Jeans etc. 

Happy Crafting 
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment