Followers

Thursday 3 May 2018

Small Fabric Storage Basket

Hi Crafters

Back to sewing this week
I have seen several versions of these cute little storage baskets as well as the larger ones that are all the rage in home stores, and often thought about making them

So 1 set out and made a pattern from a demo on YouTube. I did not like the idea of using stiffening on the small baskets and so used felt as a lining. This has the advantage of giving firmness without weight, can be washed (gently) and makes a great pin cusion if using the basket for sewing items 

 My only error in this first journey was to pick a Christmas fabric, I was to quick to select and thought I had chosen a pattern that was all year around, however on completion of the baskets I noticed gingerbread men and reindeer in the print.

Still that aside I am very pleased with the results and have added them to my Ebay listing and Etsy Store 


They make great Desk Tidies
Makeup Storage baskets 
Sewing storage for all you bits and bobs 

They are also addictive, so I am sure I will making lots more.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment