Followers

Wednesday 10 July 2019

Christmas Folder - Using up your Stash 4

Hello 

Today something a little different in the series using up your stash. This is an idea that came from Lyriclover on Youtube. You have heard me mention her so many times, so I hope you take a look at her videos on YouTube as her tutorials are very good.

Christmas Folder
This is a simple idea and easily made. I have addded some contents to  make it more specific to the season but you can alter that around to suit.



Take 4 sheets of 12 x 12 papers 
Score 3" from the bottom on each piece and then score/fold each sheet in half 
Burnish the folds well
Fold up the scored 3"piece and then fold in half to make a folder
Choose which pieces you want to have on the outside and then placing one on top the other glue down
Once the book is together glue the sides of each folded up section to secure them and finish the folder.
Decorate as you wish 

As I have decided to make my folder all about Christmas, (using up one of my First Edition Christmas 12 x 12 stacks, I have made the internal sheets to go with the theme
When you open the folder the first double page holds a small notepad on the left and the right side can be left blank to store any notes/receipts, although I have added a matching photomat, and a greeting on the base

The next set of pages I have added black photomats to the left and some Anna Griffin Christmas Trees that can be made into tags, or you could just make some tags from scraps of card  

The next set of pages I have added calendar pages for November on the left and Dec on the right, so that any plans can be noted and no-one doublebooks
And the last double pages have the all important lists for card sending and recieving and present giving and recieving, This way you can can prepared take advantage of sales and know what you given in previous years so as not to repeat yourself. 


Other items you could add:
Christmas cards
Thank You notes 
Gift Voucher holders 

With this handy Folder you can get prepared for Christmas and use your stash of papers at the same time.

This folder can also be made from 8 x 8 paper. This size is often sitting in the cupboard as you not quite sure how to best use them. I actually prefer the finished size, as they will fit readily into most bags. 

This one is 6" x 4" and has yet to have any embellishments added.
I think I will make these for all my family as little gifts to give at the end of summer, in preparation for the holiday season

So thank  you for Lyriclover for the idea.

There may also be one added to the stash of goodies to win by following my blog in July.

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment