Followers

Tuesday 30 July 2019

TeaTime Treat - Using up your Stash Project 8

Hi Crafters

Today I have a quick project for you in my series using up your stash. I came across this whilst clearing out some craft boxes and I had made a bunch for a craft fayre. I had originally used them to give jewellery gifts, but I think if I was going to make them again I would add teabags and a treat (biscuits or chocolate) as it would sit well in the little carton

As it uses 8 x 8 papers I thought it would be ideal for this series.



As you can see the front has a crossover section that takes a card 
The back is the same and this is where you can add the gift.

To make this you need one piece of 8 x 8 card
some scraps and decorations 
1 piece of ribbon


On the left side top corner Mark the card 1 1/4" & 51/4"  across and 1 1/4" & 5 1/4" down 
On the opposite right  side bottom corner mark 1 1/4" and 51/4" in  and 1 1/4" & 5 1/4" up

Put the card onto a score board in a diamond shape and score the marked 1/1/4" lines down either side of the top point 
Turn the card 180 degrees and score the 5/1/4" lines down 
Burnish all the score lines 
Putting the card down in a diamond shape again - fold in both sides . The points should sit on the scored line 
Once they are folded in, tune over and fold up the front and back, this will give you the cross-over front and back 
Punch a hole in the top of both sides  and thread through a piece of coordinating ribbon to hold it together and decorate 
Cut a piece of card 3 3/8" wide and 3" tall 
Decorate the top - this can be used to send your message
Use the flaps front and back to add your gift

Ideas for packaging
Brooches
Teabags and biscuits
Notelets etc
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment