Followers

Thursday 29 August 2019

Getting Ready for Christmas Craft Fayres

Hello Crafters

Whether you like crafting for yourself or enjoy making and selling your crafts, Christmas is a busy time for us all.

Anyone wishing to make all their cards and several presents, or who sells should be on the way to making the items now.

I made some very pretty large Christmas cards, using up some sale items I bought at the beginning of the year,  and took them to a sale over the Bank Holiday weekend, just to see if they were what people were looking for. They were a hit and every one sold, so now I will have to make more.

My favourite YOuTube person "Lyriclover" has just started her Christmas Craft Fayre series for 2019, and I will be following it, as well as making my own items and some versions of hers.
Before starting her craft  fayres project videos, Amber, at Lyrciclover did a video on selling at Craft Fayres, which included some very useful tips on planning, making, and selling, it is worth checking it out. I have already used her point of sale tip on her first project, and there are always things we can improve on or learn.

I have recently tidied my craft room and sold quite a few spare craft items on Ebay. Whenever I sell anything I try to present it to the buyer in a way that will get me remembered for future sales and it seems to work as I am starting to get repeat business. I usually wrap carefully and try to add a free gift or "happy mail" to the parcel. This can be as simple as a hand crafted paperclip, to a small brag book, (depending on what I have in my stash and the size of the sale).

I also add a card with my blog address. I had run out of these and so yesterday I sat and stamped out another 25 ready for use.


I had the stamp made some time ago, I have tried to find the supplier (it came from India) but I cannot see them on Ebay now, however there are many companies making customized stamps on Ebay, or at your local printers so check them out. They cost around  £8 - £10 so are a good investment. I have several now, these are for paper crafts and I have another one for Sewing crafts.

I was so pleased that in my stash of card pieces, having sorted and tidied them ( see my post 03/08, using your stash project 10) I had enough pretty card with white back to print all of these without going into new card. 

Now each time I make a sale at a show I will put in one of these cards showing the information for my blog.
When I package the items to sell I add contact information with the description on the packaging .
I also take business cards for the table. 

As we go toward the holiday season I will add ideas for wrapping and point of sale, as well as some of my projects I am making for the Craft Fayre/s I am attending. I just do a couple for Christmas. 


An example of how I might add my card with a piece of "happy mail" to a small sale on Ebay. This is a giant paperclip (that I also sell) and is useful as a clip, bookmark or parcel embellishment. 

Happy Crafting 
Dee

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment