Followers

Friday 29 January 2021

First Card of the New Year

 

Hello Crafters

Following on from my post on the 21st January where I chatted about my crafting plans for this year, I am sharing the card I made using my new approach

As a reminder this was all about using up my stash, and looking at what was in the craft cupboard and then designing my crafted piece with my stock items.

 The first item I required this year was for my sister, and so I decided I would use my Anna Griffin items. Once that decision was made it was a case of thinking about the design. I have kits of Anna Griffin cards that I could have used but decided to put a little more into this card (as my sisiter crafts too) and make an easel card. 



To make this card you need:

1 sheet of 12 x 12 card
1 sheet of A4 mirra card
Anna Griffin 3D Flowers 
A Greeting (I used one I made with AG background papers) 
Anna Griffin easel card dies 
scrap cream card for the personal greeting base

I cut the easel card from the 12 x 12 sheet of Ann Griffin card, had I used paper weight I would have cut out the base card using 250gsm basic card stock first, but as I had card stock I used this.

I cut the layering mat from the mirra card and this die is part of the die set. I then layered the flowered around the mat frame and added the greeting. For the base I simply added some dimension foam to the back of the frame cut from a seperate die from my stash, you can use any of your small frame dies for this part 

These cards fit into an A5 envelope and it is ready to go.

Back soon with more ideas on how to use your craft stash. 

Dee



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment