Followers

Monday 4 January 2021

Using up your Papers and Stash

 Having tidied up the craft room and the scrap bag I set about using up more of the scraps. My last post showed you how I use the larger pieces of card and paper from my scrap bag, and this post will concentrate on the smaller pieces, leaving envelopes for another day.

Like most crafters I cannot waste anything, but have come to the conclusion that saving scraps is only worthwhile if you set time aside to actually do something with them. So i am going to show you lots of ideas to get you started  


 You can use lots of you papers with your dies, for flowers or words,

Here we have words, butterflies and dragonflies a fairy die cut and globe in black scraps

The words have been layered to make them 3D,           

  Any long strips can be made into bows, and stored to decorate boxes and parcels.

You could also use strips to make paper tasssels or rosettes.

I then take out my punches to make embellishments, layering up several pieces, and adding other crafty bits, such as beads, buttons, gems etc.


These embellishments use scalloped shaped bases and hearts cut from scrap pieces of a first edition sheet of paper, the hearts have been cut by hand and layered using foam pads and some greetings, all items from my oddments bin

Punched shapes can also be doubled up to make paper clip for page embellishments. 



The most recent makes were scalloped and stitched circles layered and decorated with bottoms beads.and ribbon, These have been added to my box of embellishments to use on future projects, send  as Happy Mail, or send to friends in envelopes made earlier.



 I hope this has given you plenty of ideas to use up those lovely pieces of paper you stashed away and don’t forget to share the makes with your crafty friends.

Back soon with how to use up those spare envelopes that build up. 

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment