Followers

Sunday 26 September 2021

First ICHF Craft Event in 2 Years

 Hi Crafters

Well today I drove to Exeter to visit the ICHF Craft Event, my first craft show for 2 years. I did not need anything for my craft room but wanted to see if there were new products and ideas around.

First I noticed that paper crafting was greatly reduced, plenty to see and top up with if you needed it but nothing too new. Lots of kits for diamond pictures and glitter crafting, these seem to have taken off during lockdown, but no new machines, dies or innovative kits for paper crafting.

The hall was fairly quiet, but in all honesty it was 12.30 on Sunday (the last day of a 3 day show, we had past several coaches in the coach section of the car park and the first car park was full, but we were the first row of the second section so all in all it was a lovely way to really see the stalls.  

The fabric stalls were busy and i bought several batches.  The first stall I came to  “Fabrics Galore”  had just what I wanted, some fabric to embroider, they had  some beautiful linen mix with butterflies and flowers that will be perfect.  I also bought some Christmas fabric and a most unusual print that came in panels with large squares, enough squares to make the bunting they had on show was £9 and the print is so unusual I had to have some even with nothing particular in mind. 

Then I bought some fat quarters as another stall had a great choice at £1 each, I think this was from the Bombay Store, I have seen them before at the Bath & West ground for craft shows and found some great bargains with them.

The last batch of fabrics were wonderful Italian prints, and some extremely luxurious Devore fabric that was going for a song so I had 3 metres, some Italian Polyester/satin beautiful seascape square print that I can either make a throw or bag and the Italian cotton print which was such a gorgeous print and again i will use for bag or cushions not sure yet. The company with this lovely selection was Rosenberg & Son and they tell me they show every year at the Sherborne show. 

I found one of my favourite stalls “House of Zandra” they design and sell kits for felt animals etc, They had obviously been busy over lockdown and there were some lovey new kits showing. I bought a lobster and octopus and a turtle. I may not make them all.  Last time I went mad on their stall I gave some away for Christmas presents. You can buy from them on-line if you have a crafty friend you think would appreciate one for a gift, they are worth checking out. 


Here’s Monkey that I made last year I love him and he and my stuffed dog are the only animals allowed on the furniture.

As well as these main purchases I found some interesting stalls where I bought a trial purchase

William & Oliver Rabbit patterns from the Sewing Sanctuary they had some great patterns and laminated fabrics for bag making. So I thought I would try the pattern first and I have the company details if i get on well with it. 

The Wool Shop Leeds had some great samples of knitting. A lovely slipcover, a wrap and jumpers as well as  a kit for making slippers and if I remember correctly some small toys

I stocked up on red tape for my laminating workshop and had a great couple of hours looking at the fabulous quilting and embroideries that were on display. A big thank you to all the stall holders who did a great job bringing their goodies to the Exeter show, it must be a risk and I hope they all did really well.

I have no excuse to be bored this winter, and I have managed to get everything put away. So time for a cuppa and  sit down.

Back soon with more Crafty ideas

Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment