Followers

Friday 18 February 2022

February Favourite Card Designs No3

 Favourite Card Designs No 3

Pop Up Box Card

I have loved this design since I first saw it many years ago, and have used it for floral, Christmas, and men’s cards with success, so it is worth the little fiddly times to add the pop-up pieces. All I need to decide is what embellishments and theme I want to use.

As I love the seashore and  my recent seahorse die , I think I will use this as a theme. 

For this card I used a pad from Craft Sensations at the Range
From one piece of 12 x 12 I cut a piece the full width by 16cm high 
With the remainder of the sheet cut 4 panels 6.5cm square and 2 pieces 1.5cm. Wide and 11cm long
and scores it:
Short side at the top score at 9cm turn once and with the long side at the top of your board score at 7cm, 14cm, 21cm, 28cm. This will leave you a piece 2cm on the side to put the box shape together 

Next from the top, cut down the score lines to the 9cm score line. Cut a very small notch out at each score line to help them sit flat, and with the side panel cut away the top section altogether.

  Here are the pieces cut 






Now with the 2 x 11cm pieces, score at 2cm and 9cm. Fold the flaps with end and glue, then sit them in between the sides of the box 


This is the basic pop up box. Now all you have to do is decide how to decorate it. As this is a paper with a seashore theme I have die cut the embellishments with fish, lighthouse and a lighthouse.
I then cut a ships wheel that is a Happy Birthday die for the front

I am going to be honest I wish I had use some white card for the background and more silver card for the embellishments to make them stand out, so although this is very interesting it is not as eye catching as some of my previous cards. I may have to have another go .

Dee

Here are some I have made in the past

One of the first one’s made

   

This was adapted to make the wider shape and allow a winter scene for a Christmas Card





No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment