Followers

Wednesday 2 February 2022

February With New & Favourite Card Designs

 New & Favourite Card Designs

So here we are in February 22 and this month is all about the cards I enjoy making. My preference is for die-cutting and construction projects so the first one in the series is a card made using a die that is completely new to me.


Steampunk Sea Card

I saw a card similar to this on AliExpress, they were selling the dies. 
NB Always check out the dies for sale against the designs shown demonstrating them, as often the dies do not entirely correspond to the card or project shown, as in this case of this card. But I had other dies to make up the missing pieces so I sent for them and they arrived a couple of weeks ago.  The dies sold on AliExpress had the Seahorse and wings plus cogs and wheels but no watch as in the example card, but as I had other dies with cogs and watches I was happy to try the design with my own twist.
I started by cutting all the pieces several times in the coloured paper and card I wanted to use.
Then placed them on white paper background  in various design, until I had a layout I liked.
I then used my hot glue gun to place the pieced together and layered them onto white card with a mount of gold Mira card

I used a pearlised sea-green heavy paper ( I cannot tell you the make as it has been in my craft room for many years) but you could use a turquoise Mira card. The background for the Seahorse has then been cut from this paper and then accessory cogs and Seahorse top layer cut from Gold or Silver Mirra card.

Here is the second card using the silver background


This has a ships wheel/happy birthday die in place of the clock face on the gold layout.

Both cards were mounted onto a base scalloped white card 8 x 8”.

Other ways to use the die

You could easily use this design on a side easel card 
You could use the sea-horse for a pop -up box card
Cut the pearlised turquoise card in a wavy line and mount onto a base card and then add a couple of Sea-horses and some fish or other sea items that you have dies for. 
Cut the Sea-horse parts out of sturdy card, or laminated card and use as a template to cut fabric to appliqué your sewing projects. 

Happy Crafting 
Dee





No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment