Followers

Monday 14 February 2022

February Favourite Card Makes

 Favourite Card Makes 2

Easel Card

 This is one of my favourite cards to make as I think the easel shape is interesting, relatively easy to make and makes a lovely standout greeting.
 I have shown previous cards made from Anna Griffin easel card dies,  including some for Christmas, but the one I have made today just require nesting dies or a cutter. There are so many variances there are always new ideas and designs to add.


As I am trying to use up my papers, this card has been made from a kit of 10 x 10 papers that also had embellishments and tags, and I had a few pages left , having made a album with the bulk of the pad. The pad came from AliExpress. 



I had a mind to use the stitched circle die for the base card and then mix with the scalloped dies but in the end just used the stitched dies as I wanted a fuller opening.

1. I started by folding one sheet of card in half and laying the larger circle onto the folded piece with one part of the circle just over the edge so the 2 sides stayed together, Fold the card front in half 
2. Next I cut a circle the same size  and placed over the top of the half fold to make the easel card base.
3. Then I used the next size down circle, and one 2 cm smaller to cut a circle 
 

4. I then layered the circle onto the easel card with dimensional stickers, before decorating with die cut embellishments from the paper kit. 
You could decorate with toppers, die cut embellishments or stamped and cut elements. 
5. To finish the base of the card I used coordinating papers cut with the scalloped die and then a greeting on dimensional stickers, as this holds the top of the card up 
6. I finished the top with a couple of butterfly’s flying around the circle.



As I ended up with several pieces of paper and had additional embellishments available I made a quick Side Easel card

For this card I used half a sheet of the 10 x 10 card folded in half and then one half folded on the diagonal. 
I cut a piece of coordinating paper 5” square and cut in half on the diagonal to layer the folded section and another piece 4.75” square to layer the base of the card 
The top was decorated with one topper that had a middle flower section that popped out. I layer the square central to the top square and the popped out section I added dimensional stickers to the half attached to the card.
For the base I added a card edge  strip and a row of pearls with the greeting at the front.




I added another row of pearls to the base of the top folded square as I needed the weight to hold the card in place when stood up.

Both cards fold flat for posting 


Back with more cards soon 
Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment