Followers

Wednesday 16 November 2022

More Star Styles

 Christmas Stars

Embossed and 3D Stars


Using my CreativeDie Designs 5 sided Star die set:
My set of 5 star dies with the largest 8” x 8” has been used to make the stars that can be hung individually to make a decoration, while the smaller sizes can be used to double up and make a fuller decoration.

I wanted to see how many types I could come up with just using card and different embellishments.

So here we have a single Star cut from Cream card with gilding flakes added, and a rope bow in the centre. I finished with a lighter colour rope for the hanger.



Next we have a double star and this has been made with medium size white card star, onto which a star has been added in a Christmas card cut in the next size down in the nesting dies .
A smaller version has been added to the bottom with reverse card stock . A few of these grouped together would look lovely over the book shelf or hanging from the ceiling.



The third design is another single star cut in plain white card. I then cut a swirl from a SIZZIX die, and cut it up before adding to the star (after I had shaped it). Once the swirls were dry I added  a pearly glue, and dropped a little  bronze glitter glue on the ends of each swirl. I left it all to dry overnight before adding the ribbon hanger.



An unusual look but I love the simplicity and it would look lovely in a nursery.

The final one to show you is my favourite, probably because I love polar bears at Christmas. 
These stars are cut from a First Edition Christmas card pack the stars have then been laminated to make them more robust and shaped before adding matching ribbon and a white bow to finish the decoration. I have also doubled with a smaller version of the same design. 




There is another style I want to make and this will be made from Kraft card. A single large star that will be embossed and then finished with metallic wax to make a masculine finish. This was a design I wanted as it would sit well in the “Man Cave” or “Office” 
If I get a chance to make  it I will post it for you to see. 

Happy Christmas Crafting 
Dee 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment