Followers

Friday 25 November 2022

Rustic Kraft/Leather look Star

 Continuing the Star theme for Christmas

Kraft Card Star

Here is the latest star decoration I have made. I mentioned it in an earlier post and have just managed to get it finished.



I love the finish on this card and though not as masculine a I first envisaged (I just had to use the poinsettia embossing folder) the worn leather look is great and with the hemp tie it has rustic look that would look good in a cottage lounge or library/den 

To make the leathery paper, take a piece of Kraft card and follow the instructions from 

I did this with a sheet of A4 Kraft Card, which I then embossed using my Crafters Companion Poinsettia 3D embossing folder. At this point it did not look much like leather and I decided to use it as a book cover . It was sitting on the desk and I kept looking at it as I went past, before having an idea to pick out the poinsettia with colour waxes. I covered the leaves in a bronze and then the flower petals in red, which really high-lighted the poinsettia embossing and at the same time gave the paper a more flexible leather finish. 

I could still have used it as a notebook cover and it would have been great for a Christmas Journal, but I used it instead to make the rustic/leathery star. I then scored a line from each point to the opposite side, and folded the lines to make the star 3D, and I am very pleased with the finished item. 

A few of them hanging down a string thread would look great against a wall or door.

Bye for now 
Dee






No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment