Followers

Monday 21 November 2022

Star Christmas Cards ~ Personalised cards

Star Christmas Cards

I am back today with more star cards.
I have really enjoyed making the decorations with the star dies, and now I am onto Christmas cards. I have a few left to make so thought I would continue the star theme.


Robin picture cut from nesting circle die placed on on a silver star and layered with a circle of stars. These have been added to a white card matt that was embossed with swirl design


Lovely winter scene with rabbit, added to a silver star with inner white and silver trim, and finished with the star circle. The star, picture and circle of stars  is my favourite combination. This one has been added to a white matt layer that has been embossed with Crafters Companions 3D Poinsettia embossing folder.

Then I had an idea to personalise these cards, by making the picture in the centre a photo from my collection. 


This a photo of 3 generations of men in the family. As it includes a brother-in-law and nephew it will be perfect for the 2 families for their Christmas card. It would be lovely made with a picture of grandchildren etc

I made another one with an oval picture and some Christmas fauna, and this is on a Christmas paper from the First Edition pad of 12 x 12 papers. I prefer the clean white with circle finish, but must remember that others may like a little more colour.


Lastly I used the same ideas to make a couple of decorations

The first was using acetate that I found in the box of crafting goodies at my craft group.

Spotted acetate, silver star, robin picture, and then a star circle in white.



Large 8” white star with family picture in centre, alaurel leaves around and edged completely in blue gems . This will take pride of place over the bookcase. 

Well there are my selection of star cards and personalised decoration, hope it has given you some inspiration. 

Happy Crafting
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment