Followers

Saturday 3 June 2023

Expandable Shoe/Wine bags

Expandable Shoe/Wine bag 

As shown  in my previous post the  first bags I made were these really useful shoe/wine bag. With expanding sides the bags are a great fit for shoes. Easy way of transporting shoes to the gym or packing your dancing shoes for the lovely holiday/cruise.

If you don’t need to transport your shoes, the bags are perfect to present a bottle of wine.
What a lovely way to say Thank You, and long after the wine has been enjoyed the recipient has the bag for re-use.

There are several people on YouTube showing how to make these expandable bags, I followed Christine’s Home Affairs and enjoyed making the first 4 bags from fabric I had gathered over the past couple of years from Charity shops and car boots. I will link her post below.




You can see from the picture that the shoes will  fit easily into one of these bags and I would estimate that shoes up to a size 8 will not be a problem after that you may need to increase the pattern size a little. 
I think they are very handy gift bags and  not too difficult to make if you are a beginner, I managed to get hold of a bundle of 15” zips at a good price on ebay and became slightly obsessed with sewing again. I ended up with 8 of these bags and decided to put a few in my Etsy shop


With time on my hands I checked out more bags on YouTube. My next bag was a simple coin purse the video also had a small pouch bag  so I tried a few of each.  I will share them with you in my next post. 

Happy Crafting 
Dee




No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment