Followers

Saturday 3 June 2023

The simplest Small Coin Purse and Pouch Bag I have come across

 My next Sewing Project

Small Coin Purse and Pouch Bag


So my new love of sewing had me avidly watching videos on YouTube to find more designs to make. Bearing in mind I am not an experienced sewer, and my machine is fairly basic I naturally looked at designs that were as straight forward as possible.Putting zips in is about as difficult as I want it to be. The next makes are from a YouTuber called Ae PooiM. She has some great videos, very well laid out and no talking just music in the background while the measurement are put on the screen. With her videos, I tend to watch all the way through, taking the measurements as I go and then play it again to make the item. 

The small coin purse is very simple to make and can be made in volume quite quickly so if you make jewellery to give as gifts or to sell these can be made quickly enough not to add a lot to the cost of the item. 



Once I got the hang of the design I could make them smaller and larger enabling me to use up various remnant pieces to the best advantage.

Here are the original smaller purses with snap closure

I have even made them large enough to put my phone in. I can make this size with off cuts and bits left from other projects. 

The small pouch I kept to the original pattern and made half a dozen just because I liked the look of them. As I would not use them myself these will probably go in a basket at my next craft fair. 

Small pouches with a zip middle and holding handle


These are so cute and will hold makeup or tissues and money. They can be stitched at the base like the blue bag or left with unstitched sides as the other two. 

So now I am fully into my sewing projects and feeling ready to tackle some bigger bags. Back to  YouTube to see what is available, and what method of bag making suits me best. 

But that is for then next post 

If you want to comment on any of the projects, or get notified when I add a new post, why not click on the follow button at the top of the page.

Happy Crafting
Dee 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment