Followers

Sunday 23 December 2018

Christmas Decorations & Gift Wrap Idea IV

Hi Crafters

As I am checking out YouTube for ideas to wrap presents I found more styles of stars/snowflakes, and being the avid crafter I am, I find I have to give them a try

The other evening I saw a large star made from napkins and hot glue gun. The following day I put the glue gun on having found some appropriate napkins, but needed to go back on YouTube for a reminder. I found the original napkin star but also another one I was drawn too. The original napkin decoration looked more like a spinning spiral when finished, so I decided to try the other star instead.

It works with Napkins, papers and light card

Here it is made from napkins

All I have added is a 5 pointed star to the centre and a pearl embellishment. It is a little soft but if I had a wall to hang it against I would definitely use it.

The next one is made from some light card squares I had, I thought I would need to use 6 sheets of 6" squares, but in the end only needed 5, which I found out by mistake as I had already used one of the squares in the pattern I chose and only had 5 left.

  
This is a simple and effective star and you can make them as big or small as you like if  you make them bigger than 6" squares you may need to add extra papers to make the star full enough to come together well.

Take a square and fold diagonally turn and fold the other diagonal 
Next turn over the paper and pull the corner into the middle lining up on the scored lines for accuracy. Do the other side the same.

 


Now fold the sides into the middle on both sides and then fold together so you have a valley and mountain folds across the shape, fold in half length-ways 

 


Glue the centre as shown in the picture with pencil lines using a wet glue
Turn the piece over to the side that has the first slope running from the right to the left side and cut as shown. The cut should line up with the turn on the left and cut through to the left top point.


 


Do all five pieces the same and then lay on top of each other gluing in the same way as before, just on the white bottom section. This makes a lovely star that can be used as it is or thread a large bell on some ribbon and tie once then thread the ribbon through the centre of the star. 
On the one in the picture above I had added thin silver elastic from Berisford. This makes the star re-usable. 

Happy Crafting 
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment