Followers

Saturday 15 December 2018

Christmas Wrapping 1

Hi Crafters

Most of the Christmas shopping is done and now is the lovely job of wrapping parcels ready to give out on Christmas Day

I love this time of year, its wet and cold outside and you can wallow in the warmth at home wrapping parcels and drinking hot chocolate.

I am still learning a lot about different wrapping processes, and find it easier if everything has a box.

So here is my first style of wrapping



I have chosen 2 coordinating 12 x 12 sheets of card and made a box to fit the gift with about 1cm spare all around
If you have a box maker it is simple, if not simply start with the same size card for top and bottom and then score all four sides 1mm less on one sheet to the other

So the item inside this box was 11.5cm high by just under 9cm wide
So I scores 9cm on all four sides for the bottom and 8.9cm on all four sides for the top.

And added the ribbon bow (wrapped around the box in red) and just a box in the green ribbon.

 Next I will be making some ribbon poinsettia decorations for the bigger boxes. I like to make these and add elastic to them so the can be slipped over the parcel and then when the gift has been opened the poinsettia can be rescued and reused. There is so much ribbon thrown away each year I am going to try making some recyclable bags for Christmas for immediate family that can be used each year.

Not sure if I will make them in time for this year. But I will keep you posted

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment